[drysrkv.ap.gov.in ]YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2019-2020 Program Phases Dates Details [Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Free Eye Checkup, How to Apply, List]
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has planned for the Kanti Velugu scheme to be launched on ‘World Sight Day.’The main focus of the scheme is to give free eye treatment for the poor people of the state.After the estimated total expenditure, both state and central government shall contribute to the successful implementation of the scheme. Read the following part of the article to know better about the scheme.
|Name of the scheme||YSR Velugu Scheme 2019|
|Scheme supervised by||Department of Health, Medical ad Family Welfare, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh|
|Type of scheme||Health scheme|
|Launched by CM||CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Phases of scheme||6|
|Number of beneficiaries of the scheme||5 crores|
|Estimated expenditure||Rupees 560.89 approximately|
|Official portal of the scheme||http://drysrkv.ap.gov.in|
Important Dates of YSR KantiVelugu Scheme
|Date of scheme launch||10th October 2019|
|Primary basic screening of school children — Phase-I||10th October 2019 to 16th October 2019|
|Date of data uploading||17th October 2019|
|Secondary screening and prescription of Glasses – Phase- II||1st November 2019 to 31st December 2019|
|Primary Mass Eye Screening of the community – Phase- III||1st February 2020 to 15th February 2020|
|Secondary Mass screening and prescription of Glasses – Phase- IV||1st February 2020 to 31st December 2020|
|Surgeries for Cataract Cases in Government Hospitals and Tertiary Eye Care management at Teaching Hospitals along with Regional Eye Hospitals – Phase- V||1st February 2020 to 31st January 2022|
Objectives of YSR KantiVelugu Scheme- 2019
- After successful implementation of the scheme, the benefits of free eye checkup will be given to almost 5 crores citizens in Andhra Pradesh. It will be done by different programs likefree distribution of spectacles, eye screening programs, corneal disorders, glaucoma surgery, cataract treatment, retinopathy and related eye disorders.
- The eye treatment will be offered free of cost and therefore citizens can get access to quality eye treatment.
What are the strategies to achieve the scheme objective?
To achieve objectives related to the above-said scheme, some strategies are followed by the state government that is mentioned below.
- It offers free eye screening of all citizens of the state that includes primary, secondary and tertiary eye care.
- It shall help in increased manpower.
- It includes private health care facilities for suitable screening, surgeries and training.
- It focuses on continuous monitoring and better evaluation of activities that will help to offer better service.
- It helps in better use of information coupled with technology to be used in every phase of the scheme. Along with this, it shall also offer immediate assistance for surgeries for refractive or other eye disorders as identified.
- Through the implementation of scheme, the state government is trying to offer better health facilities.
Different phases of YSR KantiVelugu Scheme
There are five phases of the scheme that will be implemented through the appointed staff. Some of the details of the phases and the staff are given below.
|Phases||Title of the phase||Appointed staff|
|A Phase – I||Primary screening of school students||Teachers, Staff of ASHA and other departmental staffs|
|A Phase – II||Secondary screening and providing glasses||Government institutions, New PMOOs NGOs and Vision centers|
|B Phase – III||Primary level eye screening of community||Village volunteers, staff from ASHA, ANM and other departmental staffs|
|B Phase – V||Secondary mass screening and providing glasses||Government institutes, NGOs, Vision centers|
|B Phase – VI||Cataract surgeries in government and tertiary eye hospital that includes regional eye hospitals||It includes government institutes and non-government institutes|
Details of Phase – I primary screening of school children
The Phase – I screening of the scheme will initiate from 10th October 2019 and it has to be completed by 15th October 2019. The screening procedure will include screening of school children.However, for suitable implementation of the scheme, concerned official is appointed in coordination with the school department of different level. In Phase I plan, proper training plan, logistic plan, and supervision plan.
Details of preliminary screening of the scheme
- The scheme covers up almost 62, 459 schools that includes both private and government schools. In this schools, a total of 70, 41, 988 children will be benefitted.
- The school children will be treated for any problem of eye vision through the screening test. The preliminary screening test will be conducted with help of the school staff and teachers.
- In the preliminary screening team Public health staff such as ASHA workers, health staff like MPHEO, CHO MPHS (M), MPHS (F) and APMO are included.
- In case of urban areas, the screening team includes one PHS, urban ASHA and the like. If public health staff is not available, nursing students, ANM can also be included.
- Under the above-said scheme, the RBSK staff and vehicles are also included in urban areas.
- In each screening team, near about 200-250 students are included.
- The screening teams included in the scheme have been trained that are responsible for performing preliminary screening.
- The screening teams are given suitable material or equipment that is required for screening and data sheets for writing screening results.
- The date sheets shall include information like Name of the school and code, student, Student’s Aadhar Number, and Name of the PHC.
- After completion of screening test by the team, the report will be given by the screening team. Also, the screening team is responsible for uploading the data received through tablets or desktops.
YSR Velugu Uploading of Data
After representatives have collected the screening data, it should be submitted to the respective ANMs who will upload the information online. For updating screening data, the following steps need to be followed as below.
- First, the interested candidate has to go to the official portal of the scheme at http://drysrkv.ap.gov.in. On the homepage, they have to click on ANM LOGIN option.
- On the login page, candidates should provide their user name along with Aadhaar card number and password, mobile number and then click on the login option.
- After this, candidate has to enter student ID to get the details. Soon after this, the details will appear on the screen.
- So, by clicking on the submit option, the candidate can submit the application.
FAQs relating to the scheme
- What is the main objective of the scheme?
The main focus of the scheme is to offer suitable eye care to the citizens free of cost.
- What is the estimated expenditure of the scheme?
The estimated expenditure is almost rupees 560.89 Crores with 60% contribution of state government and 40% contribution of the central government.
- Is the scheme applicable in other states?
No, only the city dwellers of Andhra Pradesh can avail of the scheme benefits.
- What do you understand by PMOOs?
PMOO indicates to Para Medical Ophthalmic Officers that is related to different phases of the above-said scheme.
- Is eye screening test under offered for free of cost?
The screening, prescription, and other medical benefits relating to eye care will be offered for free for the citizens of the state.
- What is responsible for checking the correct flow of work actions?
The district task force has been appointed for the smooth execution of action plans.
- Who collects the data for screening?
The appointed screening teams are responsible for collecting the related data for the screening.
- What are the contact details for YSR Velugu Scheme?
Commissioner of Health and Family Welfare and Mission Director, National Health Mission,
2nd Floor, B-Block, Himagna Towers,
D.No.189, LIC Colony Adda Road, Saipuram Colony, Road One Center,
Gollapudi, Vijayawada Rural, Krishna Dt.Andhra Pradesh