Uttar Pradesh Scholarship Status 2019 – 2020 [Online Application Form, Process, Amount, Exam Date, List, Toll free Helpline Number]
Education is necessary for the mental and personal development of the children. It also helps them to ensure a better professional life in the future. But many families cannot support the academic dreams of the children. The primary reason behind this is lack of financial soundness. The Uttar Pradesh government has launched Uttar Pradesh Scholarship Scheme with the aim of supporting the meritorious students. The beneficiaries will be given monetary grant so that they can continue their education. In this article, you will learn about the various aspects of this education welfare scheme.
|Name of the scheme||Uttar Pradesh Scholarship Scheme|
|Launched in||Uttar Pradesh|
|Launched by||Yogi Adityanath|
|Target beneficiaries||For the students of pre and post matric group|
|Official portal for the scheme||scholarship.up.nic.in|
|Supervised by||Uttar Pradesh Education department|
Important scheme-related links
|Pre-Matric Status Check For New Applicants||Click Here|
|Pre-Matric Status Check For Reapplying Candidates||Click Here|
|Post-Matric Status Check For New Intermediate Applicants||Click Here|
|Post-Matric Status Check For Old Intermediate Applicants||Click Here|
|Post-Matric Status Check For New Applicants Of Other Intermediate Courses||Click Here|
|Post-Matric Status Check For Renewal Applicants Of Other Intermediate Courses||Click Here|
Guidelines of the scholarship application scheme
- Development of educational sector – The implementation of this scheme will boost the educational sector in the state.
- For students of all castes – The state government has designed this scheme for students of all castes.
- Not for applicants of blacklisted colleges and schools – If any applicant studies in a school or college that has been blacklisted by the education board, those students will be denied the perks of this scheme.
- Possessing the bank details – It is important that the applicants offer a photocopy of the passbook details with the application form print out.
- Submission of the hard copy of the application form – Once the online application has been complete, the hard copy of the application print must be submitted in the school or college office.
- Proper scrutiny – Background checks will be conducted on the applicants to ensure that they are genuine candidates. In case the scrutiny officers are not convinced, then they can reject the registration.
- Personal e-mail and phone number – All the candidates must possess their personal registered phone numbers and e-mail IDs.
- Not for students who failed – In case any student fails to get admission to the next class, then he will not be able to apply for the scheme perks.
- Renewal of the application – Though one need not reapply for an enrollment renewal, the candidates can update the registration from after they pass the final examination.
- ID and password for checking application status – During the portal-based enrollment, the site will generate unique ID and password for every applicant. These credentials will be required for logging on and checking the application status.
Selected courses for grant application
|Sl. No.||Name Of The Selected Academic Courses|
|1||Students of class 9|
|2||Students of class 10|
|3||Students of class 11|
|4||Students of class 12|
|5||Certificate educational programs|
|6||Under graduation programs|
|8||Students pursuing diploma programs|
What is the eligibility for application?
- Resident of the state – If the applicant is not a legal and permanent inhabitant of the state, then he/she will fail to acquire the scheme perks.
- Pre and post matric levels only – The state government has designed the education welfare scheme for the applicants who fall in the pre and post matric academic structure.
- Location of the school – It has been highlighted that the applicants must be studying regularly in a school/college that is located within the state.
- Admission criterion for pre-matric applicants – Only those students will be allowed to acquire the pre-matric grant who have already taken admission in the 9th or 10th
- Admission criterion for post-matric applicants – It is mandatory for the post-matric applicants to have already enrolled for the regular curriculum of 11th, 12th or other equivalent programs.
- Family income limit for pre-matric applicants – The scheme eligibility guidelines highlight that if family income of the applicant is more than Rs. 1 lakh during the financial year, then the registration will not be approved.
- Family income limit for post-matric applicants – The upper income limit of the applicants’ families, opting for post-matric education grant has been set at Rs. 2 lakhs.
- Access to bank account – The Chief Minister has highlight that only those candidates will be selected as beneficiaries who have access to an active bank account. It will aid in the transfer and deposition of the grant amount.
What are the documents necessary for application?
- Residential proof – As the scheme is sponsored by the Uttar Pradesh government, only those candidates who have legal residential documents, issued by the state government.
- Identification proof – If the candidate desires to acquire the perks of this scheme, then he/she need to upload a scanned image of his/her Aadhar Card.
- Family income certificate – Due to the presence of the family income criterion, every applicant must offer a certificate that supports their claims.
- Examination score card – The students must also attach a scanned copy to highlight the marks that they acquired in the last examination.
- Pass certificate – The scanned copy of the examination passing certificate need to be attached with the online applicant form for scrutiny.
- Admission certificate – It is pertinent that the applicant attaches a scanned copy of the admission certificate that has been issued by the academic organization.
- School admission fee documents – The applicants must attach such scanned documents, which highlight that the school or college fee has been paid.
- School/college registration code – Whether the applicant is in school or college, he/she needs to upload a scanned copy of the registration certificate that has been issued by the respective academic institute.
- Non-refundable sum receipt – The candidate must also offer a copy of the non-refundable receipt with the application form.
- Passport size image – The applicant must attach a scanned copy of his/her photograph that has been clicked recently.
- Bank account details – It is imperative that the candidates upload scanned copies of such documents, which highlight the bank and branch name, branch code, account number, IFSC code and other relevant info.
About Scholarship application form
The state government has highlighted that it can make the necessary changes in the guidelines to offer the scheme perks to as many applicants as possible. Thus, it is crucial that the applicants keep a close tab on the scheme details. The state government has opted for the portal based application process. It makes enrollment easy for the students. In this line, the state government has also launched a separate scheme portal. The online application form is available on this site.
How to register for the educational grant?
- Online application form – All the interested and eligible candidates can attain the digitized application from by logging on the website www.scholarship.up.nic.in.
- Click on Student tab – When the applicants get access to the homepage, they need to click on the tab that is marked as “Student.”
- For new applicants – If the candidate is applying for the first time, then he/she must click on the option that is marked as “New Registration.”
- Activation of the registration page – As the applicants get access to the registration page, they need to pick the respective category. The categories are divided on the basis of their caste and application type.
- Form fill-up – Once the categories have been selected, it will trigger the portal to bring up the digitized registration form. It must be filled with the personal and academic details of the applicants.
- Document attaching – Once the applicants have completed the form fill-up process, they need to attach the scanned copies of the necessary documents with the online form.
- Review option – Once the document attachment is complete, it is mandatory for the applicants to recheck the details, which they have entered in the application. It gives the opportunity to rectify the errors.
- Registration submission – After reviewing the application document, the candidates need to click on the button that is marked as “Submit.” It saves the details and feeds it to the scheme database.
- Getting a print out – Once the application has been submitted, the students must download the form and take a print out.
- Applicant selection – These registration documents will be scrutinized by the state officials. Then they will create the final beneficiary list.
How much application fee must be paid?
During the official announcement of the scheme, the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister highlighted that the applicants will be able to register for the grant for free. It means that the government will not be charging any money from the students for enrollments.
What is the procedure to check the application status?
- Log on the authorized site – The applicants can check the status of the grant application on the scheme portal. They must click on the link scholarship.up.nic.in to get on the website.
- Activating the status checking process – Once the candidate lands on the homepage, he/she needs to click on the tab that is marked as “Status.”
- Data – It will trigger the website to bring up another page. Here, the applicant must type in the birth date and the registration code in the correct fields.
- Generating the search – After entering the details, the candidates need to click on the blue button on the right side that is marked as “Search.”
- Highlighting the application status – As soon as the applicant clicks on the search button, the scheme database will be checked. After this, the currents status will be highlighted on the computer screen.
The state government also maintains few helpline numbers so that the applicants can clarify their doubts. The applicants can call on these numbers and gather information about the scheme and application process. The applicants can reach the customer care executives by calling on the numbers 0522-2209270, 0522-2288861 and 0522-2286199. Applicants, falling in the OBC category can call on the number 18001805131, while those falling in the minority groups can call on 18001805229. These are toll-free numbers.
The state government had implemented the scheme to increase the overall literacy rate in the state, especially in the rural areas. Government reports highlight that may parents cannot afford to send their children to the school due to financial constraints. With the financial assistance, offers by the Uttar Pradesh government, they can get respite from the financial burden. The students will also get the necessary encouragement to continue their higher education. These progressive activities will pave the path for the development of the state as well.