Mission Indradhanush Yojana 2.0 Details 2019- 2020 Portal, Program List. Eligibility Criteria
The central government of India has launched Mission Indradhanush 2.0 which is a nationwide vaccination campaign. The campaign isbasically a fight against eight diseases. It is considered as a flagship scheme that will work for the children aged up to 2 years old and for the pregnant women. The scheme is not only for the children but also for the pregnant women in the country. The journey of the scheme first started in the state of Rajasthan. The details of the scheme are given below in a tabular form.
|Name of the scheme||Mission Indradhanush 2.0|
|Launched date||October, 2017|
|Date of resuming the campaign||December, 2019|
|Launched by||PM NarendraModi|
|Target people||Children aged up to 2 years and the pregnant women|
Key features of the scheme
- Objective of the scheme- The primary objective of the scheme is to strengthen the immune system of the children who usually suffer from vaccine preventable disease.
- Diseases that come under the scheme-there are several diseases that are preventable and come under the scheme.The diseases are diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, Hepatitis B, tuberculosis, measles, and meningitis.
- The importance of resuming the journey- The central government wants to resume the vaccine campaign to expand the immunization coverage to make country disease free. Under the scheme, the health department is targeting 272 districts of 27 states and along with that there will be availability of vaccines for Japanese encephalitis and hemophilus influenza.
- Time period of the campaign- According to the provision of the scheme the campaign will be run from December, 2019 to March, 2020.
- The phases of the campaign-There will four phases of the campaign and this will help to cover the estimated area.
- Free of cost service- According to the provision of the scheme, the service as providing vaccine will be provided to the target people free of cost.
- Preparing a list- The central government aims to reach out to the children and the women who are underprivileged and dropped out from the previous campaign and now the government will prepare a list.
- Estimation on the first phase-On the first phase it is said that six thousand and seventy one vaccination sessions will be held. Under the first phase, it is calculated that around ten thousand pregnant women and 42 thousand children aged up to 2 years old will be vaccinated.
- Support wing of the scheme-There are several wings that are supporting the initiative of immunizing the country. The wings are Nehru Yuva Kendra, women and child development department, Panchayati Raj department, and education department.
- Age of the children- In order to get vaccinated the children need to be up to 2 years old.
- Pregnant women- As the expecting women also fall prey to the diseases so the scheme will vaccinate the pregnant women.
- Focused area- The women and children from the urban and rural and tribal areas who remained left out from the earlier campaign will get the opportunity this time.
- People from low performing area- The scheme is taking care of the people who belong to the high risk and low performing area.
In order to immunize the most of areas of the country, the resume of the scheme was highly required. The scheme will expand the immunity zone in the country by providing vaccine so that children born to the underprivileged home can get a good life. On the other hand, the commendable part of the scheme is that the scheme will not only work for the children at their infant age but for the pregnant women. The scheme is believed to cover 90% of the area by March 2020.