Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Tamil Nadu 2019-2020 [Application Form Download,Last Date, Eligibility Criteria, Check Status, Online Apply, Check Status] 50% Subsidy on Scooters in TN @tamilnadumahalir.org portal
The Tamil Nadu government has always implemented unique schemes, which have been targeted towards the betterment of the women. The Amma Two Wheeler Scheme is another impressive step towards empowering working women. Under this scheme, the deserving female applicants will receive a financial grant from the state government if they are interested in purchasing a two-wheeler. This article gives a details account of the scheme features. It also sheds light on the eligibility, necessary documents and application procedure.
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched in||Tamil Nadu|
|Launched by||Edappadi K. Palaniswami|
|Date of announcement||2017 – 2018|
|Scheme inaugurated by||Narendra Modi|
|Target beneficiaries||Female applicants in the state|
|Supervised by||Department of Women’s Development in Tamil Nadu|
Key features of the scheme
- Women empowerment – The primary objective of the Tamil Nadu government behind the implementation of this project was to empower the women in the state. Personal two wheelers will make it easy for the working women to travel from one place to another.
- Financial assistance for two wheelers – The government will pay a specific amount as a grant for the beneficiaries of this scheme. The outstanding amount must be paid by the beneficiary. She can opt for a personal loan from the bank for purchasing the two wheelers.
- Grant from the government – It has been highlighted in the scheme guidelines that the Tamil Nadu government will offer Rs. 25,000 to the beneficiaries or pay 50% of the price of the two wheeler. The maximum grant that the beneficiary can get will not be more than Rs. 25,000.
- Money in the bank account – The grant, sanctioned by the state government will be deposited in the bank account of the applicant.
Eligibility for applicants
- Must be a resident of the state – As the scheme has been sponsored by the Tamil Nadu authority; it is open for the legal residents of the state.
- Age requirement – The age criterion has also been changes by the state government. Now, applicants, falling in the age bracket of 18 and 45 years will be able to enroll for the financial grant.
- Financial income criterion – It has been mentioned in the scheme draft that only those working women can apply for the perks if their yearly earnings remain within Rs. 2.5 lakh mark.
- Academic requirements – When the scheme was implemented, the benefits were only available for those women who had passed the final examination of their 8th But this eligibility criterion has been abolished recently.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – Every interested candidate needs to submit a copy of her legal residential document. It must be issued by the Tamil Nadu government.
- Aadhar card – Attaching a copy of the Aadhar Card is mandatory for the candidate for aiding the background checks.
- Age proof – It is mandatory for the applicant to submit a copy of her age certificate to highlight that she meets the necessary criterion.
- Income certificate – Every candidate must submit a copy of her yearly income certificate that has been issued and stamped by a respective department.
- Bank account details – As the grant money will be deposited in the bank account of the selected beneficiaries, it is necessary that the applicant offers such documents, which shed light on the bank account details.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- Scheme portal – The state government has launched a separate portal for making the registration process easy for the candidates. One can get to this website by clicking on the link Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Portal.
- Digitized application form – Once the applicant lands on the homepage, she will get two separate application form links. One is for the female who live in the rural areas and the other is for the urban inhabitants.
- Downloading the form – A click on the respective link will open the form in a separate tab. It is available in a PDF format. The applicant can download the enrollment document and get a print out.
- Form fill-up – The candidate has to fill in the various sections of the registration form with correct details. She must attach a recent passport size photograph on the form.
- Attaching documents – The copies of all documents, highlighted in the scheme drafty must be attached with the form.
- Submission of the form – Once the form is ready, the candidate can submit it at the nearest District Collectors’ Offices, Municipal offices or Gram Panchayat offices.
The Amma Two Wheeler Scheme will make it easy for the women to travel from their homes to the job location. Apart from this, they can save time and money as they no longer have to depend on other means of transportation. The scheme will encourage women to come out of their homes and pursue a professional career that offers exposure and financial stability.
Other links –