Vijayamritham scheme Kerala 2020 [Eligibility, Scholarship Amount, Application Form Online]
Kerala state government has initiated two welfare schemes for the betterment of differently abled persons. Under the Vijayamritham scheme, individuals belong to NSS, NCC, Student Police cadet units working for welfare. Through the scheme, financial help will be given to people belonging to the different abled sections of the society. The financial help will also be given to children so that they can complete their primary education and pursue for higher education. Read the following part of the article to grasp better ideas about the entitled scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Vijayamritham|
|Scheme has been launched in||Kerala state government|
|Scheme has been launched by||Chief Minister of Kerala government|
|Main objective of the scheme||Motivate and provide help to the differently abled meritorious students|
|Target group of the scheme||Disabled person belonging to socially, economically, educationally backward classes of the society|
Key features of the scheme
- Main focus of the scheme – The main objective of the scheme is to offer financial help to the disabled person of Kerala. Also, the children with disabilities will be helped.
- Target group of the scheme – The target group of the scheme is the differently abled person in Kerala. This includes children so that they can get basic primary education. Therefore, individuals with more than 40% of disability in any task including studies are eligible for the scheme.
- Educational qualification to get scheme perks –Students applying for the scheme benefits should have passed the degree course in one go. For arts subjects, students should have secured 60% marks and 80% marks for science students. Even for PG and professional courses, students must have scored 60% score.
- Amount to be given to the students –Students passing PG or professional course will be given rupees 10000. In addition, students belonging to science or arts section will get rupees 8000.
- Students of educational institutes – Students studying in government colleges and government approved colleges or distance education centers are eligible to apply for the scheme benefits.
- Number of students to avail the benefits –Total 15 students will be selected from each district.
- Appointing Special assisting units – In regard to helping the differently abled person to complete the application procedure of the scheme, NSS/NCC and SPC units have been appointed for the scheme. The units shall help the children to get the suitable scheme benefits.
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- Category of person to get benefits – Differently-abled person who faced odds in life are eligible to get the scheme benefits.
- Eligibility of marks and degree courses – Individual who have scored good marks in degree, PG and professional course are also eligible to get the scheme benefits. Also, students who have got 60% marks in Arts, 80% marks in Science, will be given rupees 8000. For this, 10 students from each district will be selected to get the benefits. Students scoring 60% and above in PG courses will get rupees 10000 per student from one district.
- Recognized educational institute -The applicant should have passed the above mentioned degree from government or aided colleges or any distance education center in order to avail the scheme perks.
- Students with same qualification – In case two or more students have applied for the scheme benefits with the same qualification, the one with highest disability will be given preference.
Documents to be submitted for the scheme
- Educational certificates – The students have to produce course completion certificate along with mark sheet at the time of applying for the above said scheme.
- Identification proof – As identification proof, students should furnish documents like Aadhaar card, voter ID card, and the like.
- Medical certificate – Medical certificate issued by the state medical board should be produced at the time of registration for the scheme. It shall also help to know about the disability percentage of the candidate who wishes to get the scheme perks.
- Bank details –Suitable bank account details that are attested by Gazette officer should be produced to link the bank account. The amount will be directly credited to the linked bank account.
Details of application procedure for the scheme
The applicants have to provide the above mentioned documents at the time of registration for the scheme. The supporting documents will be scrutinized by higher authority before the candidates are offered the scheme benefits. Therefore, by help of the units appointed, the students will be helped in the education institutes to get suitable benefits under the scheme. However, the detailed steps of application procedure are yet to be declared by the state government. As this is a recently launched scheme, the details will be declared soon by the higher authorities of the state.
So, by successful launch of the scheme, it can be expected that it is possible to create awareness among children with disabilities to get suitable financial help. By providing the financial help, it will help to improve the overall condition of society welfare.
Other links –