DRDO Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Full Form, Online Application Form 2019-20 PDF Download, Eligibility Criteria, Documents, Official Website, Students List)
The DRDO scholarship scheme has been announced by Ministry of Defence Government of India. The scheme targets providing scholarship to girls in departments like Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Space Engineering and Rocketry, Avionics, Aircraft Engineering. The scheme has been implemented with the help of the Aeronautics Research and Development Board. However, the main objective of the scheme is to nurture better aeronautics human power in India. Also, this would aim to improving the condition of women power in India. Read the following part of the article to know better about eligibility, selection process, and other relevant information about the scheme.
DRDO Scholarship Scheme Basic Introduction
Name of scheme
|DRDO scholarship scheme|
|1.2 lakh per year|
|Women studying in different fields of aeronautics|
Main objective of the scheme
|Betterment of aeronautics human power in the country and find out woman talent|
Scheme announced by
|Aeronautics Research and Development Board|
DRDO Official Website
Highlighting Features of DRDO Scholarship
Main objective of the scheme –
The main aim of the launching the scholarship scheme is to nurture the aeronautics human power and the hidden talent of the country. By implementing a transparent process, the scheme will help meritorious students to success.
Target group of the scheme –
The target group of the scheme are the girls studying in different fields of aeronautics. This would attract women studying in different institutes.
Scholarship Details –
A total of 20 scholarships for undergraduate students have been identified under the scheme. An amount of rupees 120000 will be given as annual fees for four years. However, for postgraduate students, 10 scholarships are considered under the scheme. For the same, a maximum of rupees 186000 will be given annually for two years.
DRDO Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Indian Resident –
Applicants should be Indian to get scheme benefits. Candidates from other countries cannot get the above-said scheme benefits as it is meant only for Indians.
Criteria for UG scholarship
- Students must have got admission in 1st year BE, B.Sc or B.Tech degree. They should opt for engineering degree in Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Aircraft Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Space Engineering, and Rocketry department to be eligible for the scholarship benefits.
- The students should take admission for the academic year 2019-2020. Also, the students must have cracked JEE (Main) examination with a valid score.
However, if the student is pursuing a dual degree course or integrated master degree, they will get the scholarship benefit only for four years as benefits are applicable only or B. Tech degree as mentioned above.
Criteria for PG scholarship
Students should opt for admission in 1st year ME, M.Tech, M.Sc in engineering course in departments such as Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Aircraft Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Space Engineering, and Rocketry department to be eligible for the scholarship benefits.
The applicants should have 60% marks in the graduation level to get admission for the postgraduate level. Even for a 10 point scale, students must have 6.75 percentile.
General Aptitude Test –
Along with this, applicants should produce valid General Aptitude Test in engineering score to get benefits under the above-said scholarship.
Documents required under the scheme
Applicants have to apply along with relevant documents before 10th September 2019. The list of documents to be submitted is mentioned below.
Educational certificates –
Online scholarship application should be submitted along with a scanned copy of certificates required for the scholarship. Along with this, they should provide a certificate from the institute where the candidates have taken the admission.
Admission proof –
The applicants should produce admission details for the course they have opted for. It should also contain the fees details that would help to know how much scholarship amount would be granted to the applicant.
Identity proof –
As an identity proof, candidates have to produce Aadhaar card that would justify their claim that they are Indians. In addition, they have to produce passport-sized photograph.
Applicants should keep a photocopy of the final application form submitted that may be required for future use.
DRDO Scholarship 2019 Application Form & Online Apply Process
- The undergraduate candidates will be selected based on the merit of JEE scorecard when they are applying for a four-year full-time course.
- For the postgraduate candidates, the GATE score valid will be required during the selection process. However, during the online application, applicants have to produce relevant documents.
DRDO Scholarship Renew Process
- Applicants have to pass all examinations conducted by the institution during the scholarship period. This would help maintain the proper grade point of 7.00 or 70% of marks.
- In case any student fails to pass the examination in a particular year, they will not be given the scholarship amount for a particular period. Even if they fail to complete the academic year, they will not be qualified to get the scholarship money.
- The list of successful candidates will be given to AR&DB year wise and institute-wise for better processing before the release of scholarship list for the institutes. Even the list of applicants for discontinuity will also be given the AR&DB for maintaining a proper record.
- In case the scholarship is discontinued for a particular student, they will not be given the scholarship from the following years even if they pass the examinations.
- Candidates opting for this scholarship can avail only one scholarship at one time. However, they will be given a certificate from the institute stating that they are not availing any other scholarship benefits from other institutes, agencies, or departments. The relevant document should be attached at the time of application submission.
- The applicants have to submit a relevant certificate in original for verification by the institute. Also, the certificate will be forwarded to the AR&DB to show that the candidate belongs to the institute.
- After this, the applicants will get a scholarship through the institutes where they belong to. However, it is the responsibility of the institute to submit the bill for the selected candidates for scholarship money.
The scholarship scheme would help girls pursuing an engineering degree in the departments mentioned above. This will help to bring out hidden woman talent and help bright students continue higher studies without financial obstacles.
Other links –