Amma Mobile Scheme for SHG Women Employee In Tamil Nadu
The Self-help Group workers of Tamil Nadu were provided with free mobile phones which will assist the workers in maintaining and monitoring the activities in the SHGs. The phones and the special app will make the task easy and less time-consuming. It is mainly implemented for the empowerment of the women working in the SHGs.
Launch Details of the scheme
The name of the scheme is Amma Mobile Phones Yojana for SHG trainers. The official announcement of the scheme was made by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, J Jayalalithaa. As the common people of the state call her “Amma,” meaning mother, the scheme has been named thus. She wanted to empower the SHG trainees and workers. Thus, she made the official announcement of the scheme on the 28th September, 2015. The also included the launch of Amma Mobile App for SHGs as well. The yojana is all set for its implementation and all activities will be monitored by the Tamil Nadu Women Development Corporation.
Key Features of Amma Mobile Scheme for SHGs
If you have any doubts about the scheme, then taking a look at the salient features of the program will help your cause.
- For the people residing in the state – The scheme has been designed exclusively for the development of the people working in the self-help groups who are living in the state of Tamil Nadu. Thus, the people associated with the SHGs will have to produce their residency papers to support their residential claims.
- Free mobile phones for the SHG employees – As per the guidelines of the scheme, all the people associated with the self-help groups will be provided with a free mobile phone that has a 3G sim card. The mobile also has a camera.
- The state will pay the bill – It has been announced that the workers of the self-help groups will not have to pay the bill for using the phone. Their monthly rental amount will be paid by the Tamil Nadu Women Development Corporation.
- Empowering the SHG workers – With the successful implementation of the scheme, the state will be able to assist around 92,00,000 women. They are associated with around 6,08,000 SHGs. Each rural area has 25 SHGs on an average.
- Monitoring the activities of the SHGs – The task of the SHGs is diverse. The workers often have to record and compare data. With the assistance of the special app, the task of monitoring the data and the overall activities of the self-help groups will become streamlined.
- Number of beneficiaries – According to the estimated data, around 20,000 self-help group trainers will be directly benefited by the scheme. Thus, they will be able to fulfill their responsibilities in a better manner.
Budget for the scheme
According to the reports, the state government has done the calculations and has announced that they have set aside a whopping amount of 15 crores for the successful launch and implementation of the scheme. The program was implemented during the financial term of 2015 to 2016.