Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Yojana 2019- 2020 Guidelines Stickers
Pregnancy is a critical stage and extra care is required. Without proper medical assistance, the life of both is at stake. There are many super specialty hospitals for the rich. But options are limited for the poor. For mothers, both in the rural and urban areas, the government has started the implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Yojana. Under this scheme, all registered candidates will get free medical checkups and examinations.
|Name Of The Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Yojana|
|Guidance by||Prime Minister of the nation, Mr. Narendra Modi|
|Launched Date||Nov, 2016|
|Launched By||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Minister Shri J P Nadda|
|Supervised By||Health and Family Welfare Ministry|
|Message Facility||SMS to 5616115|
Key features of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Yojana
- Medical treatment and checkups – It has been stated in the draft of the scheme that all registered candidates will get the facility of having ante-natal services. Apart from the ultra sound tests, the women will also get blood pressure, sugar and other required examinations.
- All medical tests are free – To assist the poor and women who fall in the low income group, government has decided that all the medical facilities will be made available at no charges.
- 9th of each month – It has been mentioned in the draft of the scheme that all these medical and health checkups are going to be conducted on the 9th of every month.
- Reducing the mortality of pregnant women and children – All these medical tests are done to protect the pregnant women from any complications and also ensure the safety of the unborn child.
- Medical facility for the child – Even the new born child will come under the scheme and will receive medical checkups and treatments during the first few months.
- Treatment at private as well as government institutes – Irrespective of the fact where the women gets the treatment, be it a private medical institute or a government health center, the facilities will be provided to all.
- Marking the patients according to health condition – To make the task easy for the doctors, it has been decided that the medical report of all candidates will be marked with stickers of different colors, to indicate the seriousness of the case.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
- For pregnant women only – It has been mentioned in the draft of the scheme that only pregnant women will be permitted to get facilities of free checkups. The main point is that only those women who are three to six months pregnant will get the chance of availing the benefits.
- Rural and semi-urban area – The women living in the heart of the cities will not be able to register under the program. It has been designed and developed mainly for the poor and needy women, residing in the semi-urban and remote villages.
- Should have health checkup cards – Those women who are getting preliminary treatment from the government registered hospitals and health care centers will be able to get the benefits, only if they have the documents. But private institutes will also be included in the program.
Stickers Importance under Surakshit Matritva Yojana
The developers of the scheme, in assistance with the medical practitioners have found an ingenious way of differentiating between the seriousness of the patients. Their health condition can be marked with the help of stickers of different colors.
- Red stickers – All the pregnant women who are suffering from any life threatening or serious illness will be market with the help of a red sticker on their health checkup cards.
- Blue stickers – The pregnant women who have high blood pressure and require such checkup and treatment associated checkup will be marked with a blue sticker on their health checkup cards.
- Yellow stickers – Pregnant women who have other diseases but are not in the danger zone will be marked with a yellow sticker on their health checkup cards.
- Green stickers – Pregnant women who have a no-risk pregnancy zone will be marked with a green sticker to represent the situation.
How can register under the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Yojana
Doctor and volunteers can register under the scheme by clicking on the link https://pmsma.nhp.gov.in/pmsma-app/VolunteerController/volunteerRegistration. Recently, the government has also launched an application of the program and it can be downloaded from https://pmsma.nhp.gov.in/download-mobile-application/.
With the implementation of the various activities, which are listed under the scheme, the central government will be able to assist the pregnant women in securing medical facilities.
Free Prenatal Sonography Tests for Pregnant Women in Pune
Solography tests, during pregnancy are vital for determining the health and wellbeing of the baby, inside the mother’s womb. But it is difficult for poor people opt for frequent sonography tests as these are rather expensive. So, Maharashtra state authority has implemented a free sonography test scheme in villages. Its success in rural areas paved the way for similar implementation in cities as well. So, pregnant women, belonging to financially backward classes will be able to register for sonography tests for Rs. 400 only. This benefit will be offered by both state operated and private sonologists and radiologists. All eligible candidates, living in Pune Municipal Corporation area will be able to receive the benefits of this scheme