Sabuj Sathi (Sabooj) Scheme Prakalpa In West Bengal 2019-20 (Free bicycles scheme in WB) Eligibility Criteria, Application Form PDF Download, Students List,
The West Bengal State government has announced the launch and implementation of the new Scheme termed as Sabuj Sathi for the Children of the state. The main aim of the new scheme is to provide with free bicycles for each of the student of the state who is going to the school.
Sabuj Sathi (Sabooj) Scheme Prakalpa Details
|Sabuj Sathi (Sabooj sathi) Scheme|
|Academic year 2017 – 18|
|Chief Minister of the state Mamta Banerjee|
|Trinamool Congress Government|
Key Features of Sabuj Sathi (Sabooj sathi) Scheme
- It is certain that under the new scheme the state government aims at distributing free bicycles to the school going students of the state as means of companion.
- The state government has also created a logo as the symbol of identification of the scheme with the mark of a running boy with spinning wheels.
- Under the new scheme it is certain that the state government has requested to present with fresh tenders for the entire project that can offer with guarantee for over three years for the bicycles.
- The state government has already announced that under the scheme it shall be covering all students including girls and boys from various schools in the state.
- The state government and finance ministry of the state has already sanctioned the set budget to finance the launch of the entire scheme within the state.
- The government has already selected the congress government to help distribute the bicycles to the students in various schools in the state.
- With the launch of the new scheme it is certain that the state government aims at improving the education system for every child by offering green means of transportation for going to school.
- The government has also placed an order or over 750,000 bicycles with leading bicycle manufacturer of the country – Hero Bicycles.
- It is certain that with the new scheme and rising demand most small and big vendors in the state will also benefit.
Eligibility Criteria under the scheme
- To be eligible under the new scheme for its benefits it is certain that the beneficiary has to be the resident of the state of West Bengal.
- The scheme will only be offered to the school going students who are studying in grades 9th to grades 12 in state schools owned by the government of West Bengal.
- The scheme will offer benefit for both boy and girl students irrespective of their caste, religion or locality within the state of West Bengal.
Mamata Banerjee has names this project Sabuj Sathi Scheme, and the BCW department has already received 1.5 lakh bicycles. This is just the first batch, and more cycles will be given for further distribution. This scheme offers free cycle to all candidates who study in 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th standards. Only those students, who are studying in schools, which are run or aided by the West Bengal government, will be able to receive the free cycle. Around 70 lakh free cycles have been distributed among eligible applicants till date, at a cost of 2000 crores.