Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme PMMSK
The government, under the approval of the Union Cabinet has approved the implementation of the new scheme termed as Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra. The new implemented scheme is aimed at offering the women from the rural areas with equal rights within the community. The government aims at protecting the rights of rural women under the new scheme. To make it more effective different centers will also be set up by the government nation wide.
|Name||Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme|
|Official Announced By||Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi|
|Launched Date||Nov 2017|
|Target Audience||Women from the rural areas|
|Supervised By||Anganwadi Department|
Key Features of the Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra Scheme
- Shakti Kendras set up – The union government has announced that for smooth implementation of the scheme the government will be setting up PMs Shakti Kendras for Mahila in selected districts across the country. The government has also stated that it shall be establishing different centers within most backward districts countrywide.
- Main Aim for setting Mahila Shakti Kendras – By setting up such centers across the country the Union Government has made its motive very clear of reaching out women staying in some of the most rural areas. By this the government aims at helping the rural women in various aspects including Skill development, Literacy, Digital knowledge, Nutritional education, Health education and employment. This move will in turn help the women get familiar with their inbuilt potential towards education and literacy.
- Expansion under this scheme – With the introduction of this scheme the government aims at expanding the reach of other related scheme within these areas including Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana to help women educate about their rights within the present community. Under this scheme the government will focus on over 161 to 640 districts under BBB scheme including 150 selected centers. The government has also planned to educate rural women against sexual violence.
- Developments – With the new implementation, the central government aims at making developments in other areas as well including child sex ratio, Protection and survival of girl child in rural areas, educating women to make use of all digital resources so they can efficiently communicate with the local governing bodies, educate every girl child and women the importance of right of education and knowledge about their future benefits.
- Volunteer selections – For effective implementation of the scheme, the central government shall also train over 3 lakh student volunteers. The selection will be made from various local universities and education centers to help participate in the move with local government. For better results the government will also engage other organizations including NCC and NSS. The government shall also provide with assistance to the volunteers and women for psychological, legal, police and medical issues.
- Helpline set ups – With an aim to offer assistance to volunteers and rural women under the scheme at the time of implementation the government will set up help line services offered by Mahila Police across 65 districts.
All About Mahila Shakti Kendra
- The central government shall set up more than 115 Mahila Shakti Kendras within the country. The Kendras will be set up by the government in backward rural areas, where no such facilities have been provided earlier by the government.
- The government will try and connect the rural women to these shakti kendras with an aim to educate them about making use of their rights in community.
- Volunteers shall also be recruited by the government for educating the rural women about their rights and other aspects related to health and employment.
- The government has also announced the establishment of more than 920 such kendras that will be functional in over 115 districts that have been selected within most rural areas at the block level. The government also aims at linking various Anganwadi centers under this scheme for setting up Mahila Shakti Kendras in rural areas. There is over 14 lakh Anganwadi Kendras already functional in these areas.
Budget Approved By Government
- According to the central government, the Finance Ministry has already approved a budget of Rs 3636.85 crore that will be made use of under this scheme from the fiscal year 2017 onwards till 2020.
- The central government has also made it clear that the fund of Rs 3084.96 crore will be provided by the centre itself for implementation in the scheme.
With the implementation of this scheme the government aims at helping the rural women understand their true place in the society. Besides this will help them get encouraged to come forward and get educated for right method of making use of their rights.