KV (Kendriya Vidyalaya) Admission Process And Recruitment 2018-19
Kendriya Vidyalayas formed for ensuring uniform education can be imparted to wards of Central government employees whose job necessitates frequent transfer from place to place. That being the basic need the other principle guidelines that KV schools follow is that of any other school, mainly to ensure overall growth of a student to live a successful and contributory life in society.
Below listed table portraits the interesting facts of Indian educational system along with its detailed information.
|Interesting facts about Indian Educational System
|Educational Pattern followed in India
|The state and central boards follows the same pattern of school education which is 5+3+2. Where, first 5 years are meant for primary education, next 3 years for upper primary and the last 2 years for high school. After which graduations are carried out.
|Unknown Indian Educational facts
|In India only 10% of total population completes their graduation. Meanwhile, the primary education level reaches one third of total nation’s population.
|How Primary Education Level Improved in India?
|Both central and state government has taken various steps to increase literacy level of child in between 6-14 years. Even central government passed law which makes education is compulsory for children in that ages. Also some state government’s offers free meals for children in schools which boost parents to send their kids to school.
|What are all the main reason for school dropouts in India?
|In India, education standards are poor in government when compared with private education. The main reasons for high school dropouts are occurred due to High Cost for Availing Private Education, Children are forced to support their family’s financial needs, and Poor interest shown by children in their studies.
|Ratio of children who skip their primary schooling in India
|Having children as 44% of total population in India, about 50% of the children who are within the age limits 6 to 18 skips their schoolings.
KV admission Overview
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan which is the overall governing body of Kendriya Vidyalayas, have formalized and issued some guidelines for the admission process that has come into effect for the academic year 2015-2016 onwards. These guidelines supersede all previous guidelines on the same topic. Definition of who are Central Government Employees , what is a Transferable job and what is the period of transfer that would be considered as also the rules governing admission in KV which form an autonomous body or under the aegis of PSU’s have also been clearly defined.
KV admission eligibility
So far as eligibility criteria’s for various classes in KV goes, the general rules governing are as follows :-
- For class one student the age has to be 5 plus as on 31st March with a maximum age limit of 7, of the academic year that admission is being sought.
- A child born on 01 April of the eligible year is also included in the admission process.
- For other classes the age limits are 6-8 for Class 2, 7-9 years for class 3, 8-`10 for class 4 and so on till class 10 being the age limits of 14 to 16 years.
- Students seeking admission to class eleven should have passed the class X exam that same year. So is the case for admission to class XII with , no break in academic years being the only pre-requisite for gaining admission in these classes.
There is of course some restriction placed on the individual school based on the strength of students in the class for that year already enrolled. Students who have come on transfer of their parent due government orders would be accepted in the appropriate class irrespective of class strength.
KV admission rules
Guidelines governing admission rules for KV have been standardized in the latest amendment. It stipulates the class strength that would form a normal class above which the special rules are there to guide the admission process on case to case basis. Wards of defence personnel and those who have been in other KV school arriving with a Transfer certificate have to be admitted forthwith, irrespective of current class strength. Students who come from other affiliated CBSE schools like the Army or Air force and Navy public schools are also to be accommodated in the KV equivalent class if their parent has been transferred on official grounds.
Process of Online KV admission
Application for registration of admission to KV can be done online via their portal, dates of which are announced in the same notification that announces dates for off line registration. Parents would need to note that dates for online registration opening and closing are not same as that of regular offline process. Submission of documents would need to be done offline too. Dates of declaration of results and selected candidates are mentioned also in the same notification. This process of online registration has been commenced for academic year 2016-2017. Online application has been started only for Class I students. There are about 1.5 lakh students who take admission per year in class one. With the online process students get the opportunity to select KV that is closes to their residence for admission.
KV registration process
A notification would be issued by each KV regional office to the local newspaper announcing the admission schedule. This would be issued in the first week of February. The advertisement mentions that admission is open to all, irrespective if they are from Central Government parents wards or not. Parents have to start the process of registering their wards admission request after the advertisement has been published. In case there is no vacancy for a particular class, then registration of application for admission would not be undertaken for that class. In case it is found that there are some vacancies in a particular class after initial admission process has been completed, then the KV would issue an additional admission notice in the month of May of that year. Every time, the executive committee of the particular KV would be consulted and approval taken prior such admission process.
KV admission form
Sale of forms would commence from 15 of February for the particular academic year. Forms are available at the KV itself and online too.
KV admission documents
Documents required for admission in class I is the birth certificate of the student. This has to be verified by the school principle for each admission request. The certificate should have been issued by a competent authority as laid down in the KV Sangathan guidelines. Admissions till class eight require no other supporting document. This document entails the student has been registered but not deemed to have been selected for admission.
- At the time of admission, for the selected candidates, parents would need to produce the transfer certificate where necessary. Not being able to provide the transfer certificate would mean cancellation of admission.
- In case of a student being ward of an MP then a certificate of relationship has to be given.
- Students seeking admission in SC/ST/EWS? OBC and BPL category would need their certificate which would have been issued by the state or union government.
- Handicapped students also need certificate issued by appropriate authority regarding their issue.
- Proof of residence is required at the time of registration as this would give the eligibility of seeking admission to the nearest KV in the district.
KV admission process
For admission the school forms a committee to draw lots. The committee must comprise of the school principal, one teacher nominated by the principal, two parents’ representatives, one of them being a lady and one member nominated by the VMC. For admission to classes nine and above, the principal would nominate a further six member board to draw of lots. This would only happen if there are seats available in these classes.
- Students who are admitted under the RTE Act of 2009 which prescribes 25 percent reserved strength in each class, no fees would be charged these students.
- These students also get one set of books from NCERT for each class. The students under RTE would also be reimbursed stationary and note book expenses for each class.
- These exemptions would be applicable till class eight.
- However, parents are being reimbursed the fees by their office cannot claim the reimbursement from the school.
- The fees are to be paid in quarterly basis in April, July, October and January.
- The fee has to be paid up before 10th of every month.
- A late fee of Rupees five per day is charged thereafter.
- Stick rules are followed on fees collections
Admission schedule dates
Advertisement for admission starts on First week of February when it is published in local newspapers and national ones too.
- Sale of forms (except class XI) commences from 15th February onwards.
- Last date of registration /acceptance of forms are 10th March.
- Display of list for class I post lottery selection, 30th March.
- Admissions for class I commences on 01st April and goes up to 05th April
- Admission test (Class II onwards) if vacancies exist is held in the first week of April.
- Declaration of list (for class II onwards) is on 09th April.
- De-reservation of quota for seats left unoccupied happens between 21st July to 25th July,
- Registration for class XI commences only after declaration of board results for class 10.
- Admission to be finalized for class XI and declared by 25th June in normal case.
- The final date of admission for all classes is 31st July.
The latest guidelines for the admission rules and regulations as well as process have been issued to be followed for this current year’s admission process onwards. Given the large number of students applying for admission to the KV, a transparency of the admission process was considered a necessity. With years of experience gained in this process as also to remove the anomalies that existed in the previous methods, the new guidelines have been affected. KV Sangathan is in the process of having the online admission process fully functional where even supporting documents would be produced online only.
KVS Application Form 2018 Last Date
Registration lines for Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan for 2018, has been officially announced by the authority. All interested applicants will have to log on to the portal by clicking on the link kvsangathan.nic.in. The online registration lines were opened on 24th August, 2018. The enrollment lines will remain open till 23rd September, 2018. Applicants can get to the online registration document by clicking on the link https://cbseitms.nic.in/appstep1.aspx. Applicants will have to pay registration fee online as well. Applicants will have to submit their ID proofs, scanned snaps, and email ID. Detailed information is available on the official website of KVS.