Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2019-20 [Eligibility Criteria, Health Card Status Check, Application Form Online Download, Hospital list, Surgery list]
Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has decided to rename NTR Vaidya Seva Scheme as Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Scheme. The decision has been made at Tadepalli Camp office that would help to offer health coverage to people belonging to the lower and middle strata of society. Apart from renaming the scheme name, some health care reforms were also discussed in the meeting. CM also wanted to know about the condition of healthcare infrastructure in different government hospitals throughout the state. By effective implementation of the renamed scheme, treatment money above rupees thousand would be given by state government.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Scheme|
|Old name of the scheme||NTR Vaidya Seva Scheme|
|Scheme renaming is done by||Andhra Pradesh CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Main aim of the scheme||To give medical facilities to poor|
|Target group of scheme||the middle and lower class of society|
|Medical treatment offered above expenses of||Rupees 1000|
What are the key features of the scheme?
- The AP YSR Aarogyasri Scheme would provide health facilities to people belonging to the lower and middle class of society. Universal health care cards would be applicable for an individual whose medical expense in over rupees 1000.
- An individual with annual income is less than rupees 5 lakh can apply to get benefits under the scheme. However, the benefits would be given for free to individuals.
- As per the scheme, rupee 2.50 lakhs would be spent for health care coverage per family on a yearly basis. However, CM Jagan Mohan Reddy has taken up the charge of monitoring the scheme so that every needy family can avail its benefits.
- CM of Andhra Pradesh has also increased the salary of ASHA or Accredited Social Health Activists from rupees 3000 to rupees 10000 in a month.
However, measures have also been taken as advised by Andhra Pradesh CM to reduce any kind of private partnership in the medical field. This would help in improving the condition of medical health in the state.
What are the eligibility criteria and documents required for the scheme?
- Income group – Individual with an annual income of less than rupees 5 lakh can apply under this scheme. The ones with more annual income are not applicable to get benefits under the scheme.
- Medical expenses – When any medical expense is more than rupees 1000, it would be given by the government. Individuals would be given healthcare cards through they have to apply for benefits under the scheme.
- Citizen of state –Only citizens of Andhra Pradesh are able to opt for the benefits of the scheme. An individual from other states cannot get the benefits of the scheme. There is no caste bar to get benefits in this scheme.
- BLP families – The families belong to below poverty level are applicable to get benefits under the scheme. So, they have to produce a BPL card at the time of application under the scheme.
- Diseases covered – Serious issues like kidney problems, cancer, brain damage, burns, heart problems, and accidents are included in this scheme category. However, a total of 1040 Surgeries have been covered up in the scheme.
- Income certificate – Individual has to produce their income certificate in order to get benefits from the scheme to assure that the annual income is less than rupees 5 lakh. If individuals have annual income more than rupees 5 lakh, they are not eligible to get healthcare facilities.
- Identity proof – Individual have to submit Aadhaar card and other relevant identity proof related documentation to support the claim that they are permanent citizens of the state.
- Medical certificate – Individual has to submit details of the medical certificate so that it becomes easy for the medical department to examine the medical expenses. The benefits would be given to the family whose medical expenses are more than rupees 1000.
Application procedure for the scheme
As the scheme has been renamed recently, no such application process has come up yet. As soon as details of the application process come up, the beneficiaries would be the first to know about latest updates of the scheme. For the same, they have to stay updated with the official website of the scheme.
However, with effective implementation of the scheme, Andhra Pradesh government can offer quality medical provision to poor and middle class families. This would make healthcare facilities affordable at most of the government hospitals.However, the scheme benefits are given to lower and middle-class families with the aim of transforming the government hospitals into ideal ones. As a result of this, no one would be deprived to get quality healthcare facilities in Andhra Pradesh. CM of the state is further of the opinion that improvement in the medical field should be noticeable from the field level without showing them in the dashboard. However, successful implementation of scheme would help improve healthcare facilities for common people of the state.CM would further make necessary medical facilities so that people living in a remote area of the state can also get medical benefits.
Other links –